Polska Akcja Humanitarna seeks Director of the Humanitarian and Aid Department
General Position Summary
We are looking for the Director of the Humanitarian and Aid Department in Warsaw. The aim of this position is to constantly develop the programme of the humanitarian and development aid through foreign missions, improve the quality standards of the current projects.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Lead strategy building, implementation and revision on a mission and HQ level
- Manage team proactively (including remote management) in a complex, multinational environment and matrix structure
- Ensure responsiveness and appropriate levels of in-person and remote support to all country offices across institutional domains, especially in the areas of HR, finance and supply chain
- Oversee the management, coaching and development of staff to build a cadre of skilled, committed and motivated personnel
- Representing the organisation in contacts with various stakeholders (including international donors/auditors/governmental officials, media representatives etc.)
- Creating and implementing security plans
- Preparing and monitoring budgets
- Coordinating the process of drafting and implementing operational plans
- Supporting programme and emergency managers as well as experience mission managers
- Oversee and revise management and communication systems, lead implementation of new technical and managerial solutions
- Lead the implementation of code of conduct, promotion and protection of humanitarian principles, ethical standards and frameworks
- Promote understanding of quality and accountability in humanitarian and development sector and ensure overall coherence of the work of the department and country offices
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience of senior-level leadership
- Experience in managing teams in multilayers, matric structures in a multinational environment
- Skill in coaching and professional development
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills.
- Excellent oral and written English skills required.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills,
- Willingness to travel to various program sites as needed
- High level of initiative to innovate and lead in remote and resource-limited settings
- Field experience in international relief and development programs
- Experience in drafting security documents and basic knowledge of security rules in the INGO sector
What PAH offers:
- A job starting as soon as possible with a probationary period of 3 months,
- A challenging, exciting and active job in an organisation combining emergency and development work
- A multicultural environment
- Access to international trainings
If you are interested please fill the application form no later than 20th January 2018.