The Embassy of Canada seeks Migration Program Clerk
Summary of duties
Under the general supervision of the Migration Program Manager or of the Migration Officer, the Migration Program Clerk will
- assist with the processing of permanent and temporary resident applications by entering and validating information into the departmental on-line systems, reviewing applications and documents, researching internal and external sources to support information gathering for the processing of the file or application and to support program integrity, drafting correspondence, requesting documents, responding to clients’ inquiries and printing status granting documents, receiving and taking action on correspondence, managing documentation by destroying old applications, returning documents, making photocopies and putting files away;
- maintain filing systems, use internal systems and access departmental websites to search or track information, utilize office equipment such as a computer, a photocopier, scanners, fax machines, specialized printers, biometric capturing equipment, and telephones;
- translate and interpret written and verbal information as required; and
- perform other duties as required.
Candidates must demonstrate in their cover letter and CV how they meet the essential and asset criteria related to education, language, experience and knowledge.
• Completion of a secondary school (a secondary school diploma).
• Fluency in English (oral & written).
• At least one year of *recent work experience in an administrative position in a commercial, industrial or governmental establishment.
* Recent is defined as within the past five years.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Ability to prioritize, plan and to organize workflow.
• Ability to learn and to use new software.
• Attention to detail.
• Effective interactive communication.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate information.
• Professional integrity.
• Awareness of values & ethics in the workplace.
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications:
• Knowledge of one or more of the following languages: Polish, French, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic.
• At least six months of work experience in an embassy, in a position that requires the use of computer systems to manage cases, record and track financial transactions and/or generate and track interactions with clients.
NB: if candidates meet the factors listed in the asset qualifications, they must clearly demonstrate that in their cover letter.
Opened to Individuals who are legally allowed to work in Poland and who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Candidates should bear in mind that a physical presence will be required during the assessment stages. The Canadian Government is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit. All employee activities will be governed by the Government of Canada’s Code of Values and Ethics.
To apply visit http://chc.amris.com/wizards_v2/chc/vacancyView.php?requirementId=2184&